Breakdown of Text Credit UsageCost Breakdown: MT
Outgoing Messages (MT)In general, all outgoing SMS messages (MT) cost 1 text credit. (Each MMS message costs 4 text credits.)
MTs are sent during:
- Keyword auto-response
- Follow-on auto-response
- Alternate auto-response
- Keyword sign-up notification sent to registered phone
- Online sign-up page SMS auto-response
- Online sign-up page confirmation message
- Facebook Widget SMS auto-response
Premium SMS Features
- Mobile Voting
- Mobile voting choices
- Mobile voting auto-response
- Shuffle responses
- "End of Shuffle" response message
- Text-to-Screen auto-response
- Text-to-Screen subscriber submissions
- Any messages sent to mobile numbers
- Automated message sent in response to user “Text Reply” message
- Appointment Reminders
Exceptions to 1 credit rule:
- SMS messages sent to international numbers vary. Click here to see the international text credit charge breakdown.
- Any failed delivery costs will be refunded (unless it fails due to invalid mobile number), total text credits used for failed deliveries is 0.
- The "Welcome" message sent after keyword signup or online sign-up page opt-in is free.
- The message is "[Organization Name]: Welcome! Msg&Data rates may apply. Get [x] msg/mo of [DESCRIPTION]. Reply HELP for help, STOP to OptOut. [office number]"
Inbound Messages (MO)In general, all incoming messages (MO) cost 1 credit for toll-free numbers.
Examples of incoming messages include:
- Texting in a keyword to a short code
- Subscribers may also send in messages which will be sent to the keyword inbox.
- If "example sample message" is sent to 96362, "sample message" will show up in the account's inbox.
- If a subscriber replies to any blast they have received from our system without preceding the message with a keyword, it will be considered a "Text Reply."
- These messages cost 0 text credits and are submitted to the text reply inbox.
Exceptions to the free MO rule:
- For mobile voting, each MO costs the user 0.5 credit.
- For the shuffle responder, each MO costs the user 0.5 credit.
- For text-to-screen responder, each MO costs the user 0.5 credit.
- If the user is utilizing the API, he/she will be charged 1 credit for every MO.