SMS Use Cases for K-12 Schools
Send Announcements Multiple Ways
While mass texting for schools is certainly the most effective form of communication, having other channels is vital too. Trumpia offers you a complete omni-channel solution to communicate with your staff and students. With email, SMS and voice notifications you can be sure that your messages get through to your students and staff via the channel they prefer. Trumpia offers a variety of ways to ensure your messages are seen, like:
Send Automated Reminders to Students and Parents
Automated text reminders allow your school to remind students and parents of important dates like registration of FAFSA deadlines. Easily schedule reminders which can be sent in bulk, and they can all be sent at once to help alert students, staff, and parents no matter where they are. Text reminders are great for things like registration reminders, parent-teacher notices, and for getting the word out about things like snow days or upcoming holidays.
Communicate In Real-Time
Being able to respond to student and parent questions quickly is paramount to ensure your school runs smoothly. With Landline texting your faculty, administrators, and counselors can exchange text messages with students and parents using their existing phone number. This lets them carry out text conversations with students without having to expose their personal number. Students can just effectively communicate with their counselors and not have to worry about phone tag or missed emails.
Send Text Alerts For Your School
During a crisis, we offer a powerful and convenient Yes/No question feature that allows students and staff to indicate whether they are safe or not with our Automated Workflows. Your administration can then follow up with those who indicate they are in danger.
- 1.For example, your administration would send an alert to students and staff, and ask if they’re on campus.
- 2.For those who reply “No”, they would automatically be told to stay away from campus, and be sent updates. If they reply “Yes”, they would instantly be asked where they are on campus.
- 3.Based on their response, they would be sent a list of the buildings in that area and asked which one they’re in.
- 4.Based on that answer, they would be sent the specific building’s evacuation route.
- 5.Replies would also be updated in our system instantly, so evacuation personnel can get a good idea where and roughly how many people are in each building.
Help Prepare Students for College
It’s vital to get students ready for college or trade schools. Trumpia’s text messaging for schools automates simple tasks like sending reminders for application deadlines, and even more complex campaigns, like targeted scholarship offerings, saving your staff valuable time and energy.
For example, after a college fair, you can send a link to a form to learn more about the interests of those who attended. Based on their response in the form, you can automatically target students with our Smart Targeting to give them more information about your programs and course offerings that match their interests.
Then, schedule a follow-up message containing information about scholarships that are offered for that college or in that field, all automatically.