SMS Use Cases for K-12 Schools
Send Announcements Multiple Ways
While mass texting for schools is certainly the most effective form of communication, having other channels is vital too. Trumpia offers you a complete omni-channel solution to communicate with your staff and students. With email, SMS and voice notifications you can be sure that your messages get through to your students and staff via the channel they prefer. Trumpia offers a variety of ways to ensure your messages are seen, like:
Send Automated Reminders to Students and Parents
Automated text reminders are convenient because you can schedule them ahead of time and they can all be sent at once, helping you alert students, staff, and parents all at the same time. Text reminders are perfect for things like registration reminders, parent-teacher night reminders, as well as getting the word out on things like holidays or when grades are sent in the mail.
Communicate In Real-Time
Being able to respond to student and parent questions quickly is paramount to ensure your school runs smoothly. With Landline texting your faculty, administrators, and counselors can exchange text messages with students and parents using their existing phone number. This allows them to have text conversations with students without having to expose their personal phone number. Now, students can communicate with counselors quickly without having to play phone tag, or have their messages buried in email.
Send Text Alerts For Your School
During a crisis, we offer a powerful and convenient Yes/No question feature that allows students and staff to indicate whether they are safe or not with our Automated Workflows. Your administration can then follow up with those who indicate they are in danger.
- 1.For example, your administration would send an alert to students and staff, and ask if they’re on campus.
- 2.For those who reply “No”, they would automatically be told to stay away from campus, and be sent updates. If they reply “Yes”, they would instantly be asked where they are on campus.
- 3.Based on their response, they would be sent a list of the buildings in that area and asked which one they’re in.
- 4.Based on that answer, they would be sent the specific building’s evacuation route.
- 5.Replies would also be updated in our system instantly, so evacuation personnel can get a good idea where and roughly how many people are in each building.
Help Prepare Students for College
It’s vital to get students ready for college or trade schools. Trumpia automates simple tasks like sending reminders for application deadlines, and even more complex campaigns, like targeted scholarship offerings, saving your staff valuable time and energy. For example, after a college fair, you can send a link to a form to learn more about the interests of those who attended. Based on their response in the form, you can automatically target students with our Smart Targeting to give them more information about your programs and course offerings that match their interests. Then, schedule a follow-up message containing information about scholarships that are offered for that college or in that field, all automatically.